Zach Moss 3 August 2016
- Can I get a second opinion if I’m not happy with what my doctor has said?
- Can I ask for particular treatments?
- How do I make sure my doctor doesn’t tell my family about my diagnosis?
If you don’t give your consent to medical treatment, the healthcare professional could be taken to court.The factsheet then explains:
- What information you should be given about your medical treatment including how you can ask for a second opinion
- The importance of confidentiality and how you can access your health records
- How to make a complaint if you’re not happy with the care you have received