Our training has developed considerably since the beginning of the ELRA project. We have now developed three training modules:
1. Understanding End-of-Life Rights
2. Talking to Clients about End-of-Life Rights
3. Completing Advance Decisions (AD) and Health & Personal Welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA)
This course aims to develop the participant’s knowledge and skills, maximizing their ability to:
• raise awareness of the use of Advance Decisions and Lasting Power of Attorney within their organization and
• where appropriate, support an older person to fill in an AD or LPA.
The course is flexible enough to be adapted according to the needs of the organisation. An individual can complete individual modules or the full course.
Module 1 is aimed at those who just need an awareness of end-of-life rights so is suitable for managers, receptionists etc.
Module 2 is aimed more for those working with patients, clients and families on a 1:1 basis such as advocates, and care staff who may need additional support around facilitating conversations (We recommend that these individuals complete modules 1 and 2)
Module 3 is for those individuals who will actually be helping people complete ADs or LPAs (We recommend that these individuals complete all three modules)
As a whole, these modules aim to impart the ability to:
• Explain the use of AD and LPA and the process and people involved, in plain English
• Understand and, where appropriate, overcome any barriers to discussing AD and LPA
• Support older people to fill in both online and paper copies of AD and LPA forms
The training has been developed as a result of feedback from the first participants, and has been expanded to ensure that individuals feel confident in actually facilitating conversations and in dealing with the practicalities of filling in the forms. We will be continuing to develop the modules according to need.
If you would like to book one or more of the modules, or would just like to know a little bit more then please complete the form below.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’I would like to know more about your training’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Organisation’ type=’name’/][contact-field label=’Would like to know more about:’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]